I’ve gotten the chance to give a handful of conference talks a year for the majority of my career. I find the process of putting together and delivering talks to be quite challenging but quite rewarding. Writing a talk forces me to clarify my understanding of a given topic, and delivering it helps me connect with others by sharing that understanding.
- 2019-07-09 Terraform: Stronger at Every Scale
- 2018-10-23 Terraform is Changing the World
- 2017-09-12 Getting Good at System Failure Analysis
- 2016-05-14 Applying Graph Theory to Infrastructure as Code
- 2016-01-12 Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Friends
- 2015-07-22 SWIM: Scalable Group Membership Protocol
- 2015-05-21 Smoke and Mirrors: The Primitives of High Availability
- 2013-09-14 Git: Everybody's Favorite MMO
- 2013-09-13 Shut Up and Pipe! Unix-style Object Collaboration in Rack and Vagrant
- 2013-09-13 Freighthop
- 2013-02-06 Puppet Modules Are Our Friends
- 2012-09-28 Who Needs Clouds?
- 2012-09-27 Puppet in the Trenches